Tuesday, January 31, 2006




CT is right

I have a feeling ...BEEHO will be departing this mortal BlogSpot sooner or later.


This is what CT had to say on a comment to my earlier post about my small technology victory regarding the limitations of Blogger. And no more than a few hours after he made this comment, it's feeling like sooner.

If I could ignore the suggestion I'd be fine, but it's not going to go away. It took me almost exactly three months to grow tired of the original template I chose. The fact is that the restlessness will soon return, and considering how long it took me to find a user-created template I didn't hate I doubt I'd be able to find another design to satisfy the anxiety.

My HTML knowledge is still below average but as far as I have heard WordPress is much more flexible, so were I to conjure up the ambition to learn my efforts might actually lead to results.

There's still the question of the name. Sure the acronym seems to be catching - O'Blog and bl0gax both list me in their blogrolls that way - but there are still some days when I cringe at the thought of both title and acronym. That may just be me. Also consider that both Tampa Taxi Shots and tinylittledots refer to me with question in my URL that is answered by the title of the blog. That bit wasn't even terribly funny when I first thought of it. Even early on I also thought about creating a private domain - that's a whole other committment I'm not sure I'm ready to make.

So either I'll be possessed by ambition and promptly get a WordPress blog up and running, or I'll dawdle while continuing to casually post here. Either way it's definitely going to happen - I'd hate to make CT look stupid.


More of the same:


Posted by Joel at 1/31/2006 10:50:00 PM