Tuesday, January 24, 2006




Hate that monkey

I'm not terribly sure what possessed me to even casually watch the new CBS series Love Monkey. The network and the title should have been enough for me to stay away. I can justify it all I want - it was just in the background while I pored over blogs with much better things to say than I ever could (just pick at random from the blogroll, you'll find it) - but with 100-some odd channels at my disposal, I have no excuse.

I honestly can't say I paid enough attention to provide anything in the way of a review. What I do know is that a little more than halfway through tonight's episode, I heard a lyric that gave me a serious case of the fits.

We built this city...

The obnoxious harmonies, the echo - it was all there. If this show wants to make even the slightest attempt at attracting music fans (I know, very slight), shouldn't they know better than to use a song so dreadful that even VH1 is not ironic enough to appreciate it?

Come on, CBS - leave the awkward hipsterism for WB or UPN or whatever child their breeding produces.


Posted by Joel at 1/24/2006 10:40:00 PM