Sunday, November 27, 2005




Design

I've quickly grown quite dissatisfied with the template I chose for ...BEEHO. I've also quickly grown dissatisfied with the name, although the acronym does amuse me.

Reading my
first post, it's obvious to me that I never imagined I would keep doing this. It's not as if pleasure is still not the primary purpose of this venture (the ads are for curiosity's sake). I guess I just never thought people would actually read this thing; now I'm annoyed that my haphazardness is being exposed to a decent amount of people.

My problem with the template is that I've made so many modifications to it that I'm afraid I'll be too lazy to put it all back. Those with even a minute amount of HTML skill will probably giggle at that notion - well, I didn't get into this for the programming.

As for the name, take a look at my links. There are some pretty good names there.
Sticks of Fire is catchy and educational. College Confidential has alliteration plus a voyeuristic expose feel fitting for its personal diary style. Population Statistic is a great name even in spite of its bad-band-liner-notes origins. The only purpose my blog's name serves is that it virtually guarantees first-link status on TampaBLAB due to the ellipses. Hopefully I won't inspire some sort of blog-roll war like all the A's at the beginning of the telephone book. The title even feels slightly derogatory to other bloggers.

Alright - I'm obviously not doing this solely for fun anymore. I do certainly get a kick out of the idea that other people are reading my blog out of choice - it's choice, right? As long as the writing is marginally interesting I guess the title shouldn't matter. Who knows - maybe that's why people come. After all, if it's
good enough for Nick, who am I to question?

The template still bothers me. But until I find a significant improvement, laziness will rule.


You could lock your doors
Close all your windows
And hide away

- The Feelies, "It's Only Life"


Posted by Joel at 11/27/2005 02:50:00 PM