Thursday, January 12, 2006




Try the elk

My Three Kings Day present from my wife was dinner at my pick for Sorry Bern's Best Restaurant in Tampa, Mise En Place.

The menu, which changes weekly, is usually so chock-full of goodness that I'm usually better off letting the chef pick - the
tasting menu never disappoints, including always perfectly paired wine. But one of the entrees on the menu was elk. And how often will I have the chance to eat elk?

I must say I'll take the chance again if I get it. Didn't taste at all like venison (or like chicken). My wife, usually averse to anything "gamey," was also impressed.

The dish even had some rabbit on the side, another meat first for me. And still my one truly negative experience was sea urchin.
















Someone ate too many carrots.


Posted by Joel at 1/12/2006 11:42:00 PM