Wednesday, December 14, 2005




Sherlock, constipated

Gotta stop smashing my chin into the microphones.
















Our President continues his mastery of the obvious.

Bush accepts responsibility for Iraq invasion. Almost three years later. Responsible? The leader or our nation, the man that sold this war to us? Well I'll be.

And I thought his acceptance of responsibility for the Katrina fiasco was ill-timed. Have I just become that much more jaded to the spin, or is this really that pathetic a cry for support? See, I said it. I'm dancing just like you want me to. Please don't make fun of me anymore.

I know it's not just me, because you can find plenty of criticism of Bush in arenas that once were lodged firmly in the upper regions of his gastric system. Certainly it's easier to jump ship when he's a lame duck and things aren't looking so rosy for 2006, but man I'll take anything right now.

But let's not ignore the timing of this poor attempt at accountability. There are elections taking place in Iraq right now. Though few will protest the fact that we're trying to hold elections in a country that is still extremely unstable, it's hard to not be happy for the Iraqi people and the relative progress in which they find themselves. My guess is the spin will sound something like this: Darn right he's taking responsibility - responsibility for a job well done (mission accomplished, even).

Either that or we'll get some sort of terror alert soon. Nothing gets the bad news off the headlines like the ol' fear-mongering.


Posted by Joel at 12/14/2005 10:13:00 PM