Sunday, December 11, 2005




Last stop on the gubernatorial candidate tour

One day son, this tie will be yours.














And I must say I'm rather disappointed in myself. Much like I felt when I checked out Tom Gallagher's site, I can't say I found much at which to poke fun on Jim Davis's page. I will freely admit that with less than a year to go, my vote is leaning in his direction. But that shouldn't cause you to read anything into my relative lack of satire. I'd like to think that no matter how self-important I might get about my politics that I can retain my sense of humor.

I guess Davis' is probably the sharpest looking site of the four major candidates'. Much was made in the blogosphere about the
blog feature on the new page. It's a nice touch politically (blogs are hip, like playing a saxophone on Arsenio), but I'm not terribly sure what that should mean to me. And although Davis' campaign is obviously more committed to the blog (several posts per day, several categories), Charlie Crist has also featured a blog on his site.

But
Crist is from Neptune, and I believe human lineage is a prerequisite for holding office.

I think my relative ho-humness with Davis' site is a feeling I often get around election time. Once I pinpoint my likely candidate, I succumb to disappointment upon realizing that said candidate just doesn't excite me as much as they should. I'm far too cynical to buy into most campaign rhetoric, so I probably am incapable of being truly psyched about a candidate. My idea of the perfect politician is certainly impossible today and was likely never possible. I should adjust my expectations, but then I just feel like I'm losing.

In all seriousness there is one firm reason to vote for Davis.






Man needs a home.


Posted by Joel at 12/11/2005 07:27:00 PM