Sunday, December 18, 2005




Merii Kurisumasu

















Because I'm still loyal to the 35mm world, this is simply a close representation of our Christmas tree this year.

Thanks to a combination of laziness, busy weeks and laziness, the wife and I had neglected to get a Christmas tree. With a week to go we were having trouble justifying the whole Christmas tree rigmarole. Bah humbug, huh?

While at my in-laws for our usual Sunday lunch, two of our better friends came over to do an early gift exchange. We got them memberships to
MOSI, which I do believe were quite a hit. I got season one of Scrubs, which with the departure of Arrested Development from either Fox or TV in general will soon become my favorite show on the networks (as long as they don't cancel it too). But the biggest hit of the exchange was my wife's present, a bonsai tree courtesy of the fine folks at Eve's Garden Gifts.

Best of all it came decorated not unlike the tree pictured above. A great gift and a solution to our yulelessness. And to top it off I'm sure Bill O'Reilly would not approve of our Japanafication of Christmas. Now we just need to find some tiny gifts.


And we'll be doing the airplane wheel
Dancing

- Cornershop, "Funky Days Are Back Again"


Posted by Joel at 12/18/2005 06:35:00 PM