Tuesday, November 08, 2005




Doppelganger

Just in case I was beginning to fancy myself clever, I recently discovered that there is another blog out there - on Blogger, no less - called Because Everyone Else Has One.

Well, technically it's called
Nick's Blog: Because Everyone Else Has One. More of a subtitle, like Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Further, he provides the following reasoning for his blog's existence below the title:


Everyone else had one, even Drew. And Drew hates babies and koala bears. So I decided that an Emo kid like me should definetly have a Blog. Blog stands for Weblog, by the way. But it sounds like something a lobster would say. I guess that makes it cool.


In order to save you the time and trouble of navigating his whole site, allow me to quickly summarize other similarities:

- we're both in a band
- we both own iRiver MP3 players
- we both have some appreciation of the lynx

That's about it, really. I must admit that he did indeed begin his blog many months before I began my own. However, as he did predict in his first post he has obviously lost interest in the blogging idea, posting three times since I began my blog, two of them this month. Perhaps he's better living up to the apathy implied in the blog title. Or subtitle. Still, I am of the completely biased opinion that my own slightly absurdist musings are much more entertaining.

Besides, no one likes an emo kid.

So this will be a bit of an experiment. Let's see if Nick discovers my own BEEHO (you know, I'm warming up to the acronym) and the joshing I'm tossing his way. Nick, if you're reading this, leave me a comment. Please don't hesitate to be critical of my writing. Or if you like, we can find some critical common ground.

Have you ever been to Cincinnati?


Hear my voice
Move my hair
I move it around a lot
But I don't care
- Talking Heads, "Warning Sign"


Posted by Joel at 11/08/2005 11:49:00 PM