Tuesday, October 25, 2005




All cars, be advised, there's something to do

When anyone asks me to describe the City of Temple Terrace to them (and if I had a nickel for every time this came up, man am I broke), I usually recall a time when I was riding my bicycle near River Hills Elementary (admittedly, T.T. is great for bike-riding). I rode by a house where a man was on top of a ladder, trimming branches on a large oak tree. Below was what I surmised to be his wife, son and daughter, watching him trim said branches. I rode on, thinking nothing of it. About a half-hour later I rode past the same house and found the scene exactly as I had left it, only with a few more branches on the ground. "Hey, honey, wanna bring the kids out for trimming?"

That's what made this
blotter entry in the Times amusing. A shooting! I didn't know Temple Terrace Police were allowed to do anything apart from traffic stops. Guess how this incident started?

On a different note, I'd like to thank
Rachel* for posting my first ever comment that wasn't spam! And an amusing post at that. Next stop: first hate comment. Maybe today's ode to Temple Terrace and their police force will help.


By the next sunset
I had eloped with Marilee

- Drive-By Truckers, "My Sweet Annette"


Posted by Joel at 10/25/2005 11:54:00 PM