Friday, August 26, 2005




I have a pretty good feeling that 85% of blogs start just like this: it's 1:30 AM, I am not even remotely tired (although I should be in bed), and after several hours wasting my life away on the internet I've determined I am the only person on earth who hasn't cluttered the web with their rambling thoughts. Naturally, this is the solution. Peer-pressure is a powerful thing.

I have no earthly idea what I plan on contributing to humanity, although I am fairly certain it will be mostly benign. Maybe I can at least provide some poor, hyper soul out there with a fantastic sleep remedy before they start their own blog. Now there's a positive contribution to society if there ever was one. There's also a strong possibility that I will look back on this in a few days as something that may nor may not be (but probably was) a dream, and that there will be no further postings until I somehow google my way to this and wonder, "Man, who is this blubbering sap?" I am sure that this is the fate of many a blog. Nah, I bore too easily. Won't be me.

I guess I need a hook or something. Something that might bring someone back to this from time to time (and exactly what the benefit of frequent visits from strangers is I'm not sure). The only thing of which I can claim any amount of knowledge is music. After all there aren't enough opinions about popular music on the internet. All sarcasm aside (for now - I can't set it aside for long), we'll go with the Music in my Head, as in what song has been bopping around up there all day.

Washington, D.C.
It's the greatest place to be
It's not the cherries everywhere in bloom
It's not the way they put folks on the moon, no no no
It's not the spectacle and pageantry, the thousand things you've got to see
It's just that's where my baby waits for me


- The Magnetic Fields, "Washington, D.C."


Posted by Joel at 8/26/2005 01:32:00 AM