Tuesday, September 13, 2005




Here I am at Tampa International Airport. I'm headed to Atlanta on a work trip (the term business trip implies that some kind of business is going to take place, a description that barely applies to this particular trip). I'm trying out the micro-blog - detailing the day-to-day events of my life, as opposed to rambling on about world-at-large topics that never asked for my editorial. I think I'm better at the airing of opinion. I could go on and on about the airport, but I think my flight is boarding soon. Is this it? This is how you blog about your life? Think it, type it. Who wants to read this? But who wants to read the rest of it? When I think about it that way, this isn't so bad. Who wants to listen to this terrible music they're playing on the overhead? I already have a flight, why try to drive me away?

My flight is connecting people to Air France and AeroMexico flights in Atlanta; I wonder if work would mind if I just kept going. I could probably find some business in France. Does buying pastries count as business? More to come from the Big Peach.

It took an hour
Maybe a day
But once I really listened, the noise
Just went away

- Liz Phair, "Stratford-on-Guy"


Posted by Joel at 9/13/2005 05:55:00 PM