Saturday, December 31, 2005




End of game - NC State 14, USF 0

Well that was something. First bowl game, first shutout.

My highlight of the game - and I had to look hard, other than the poor unsupported defense - was the commentary of Andre Ware. As far as I'm concerned he was as good as half the NFL color guys on any network.

He did have one questionable comment. After Pat Julmiste's interception Ware said the throw showed that Julmiste has a lot to learn as a quarterback.

What did the rest of the game say then, Andre? It seemed like every single decision Julmiste made was the exact wrong one, particularly running the ball on a 4th and long late in the game.

Was the Julmiste throwing the Gatorade shower on Chuck Amato? 0 for 2.

I sincerely hope USF is planning on starting Carlton Hill next year. They both have a lot to learn, but Hill has more time to do it. Heck, they could even run the option next year.

UCF loses on a missed extra point. Miami plays the worst half I can remember, possibly the worst game I can remember. USF gets shutout.

Good luck, FSU and UF.




More of the same:


Posted by Joel at 12/31/2005 02:12:00 PM