Monday, November 28, 2005




Yet more non-insight into Florida governor race - now with malapropism

... Now throw me the ball










I have earlier poked wise at the two Republican candidates for Florida's governorship - take a scamper down Memory Court here and here. For the sake of equal time, as well as the fact that I have only made one decision on the race - not Crist - I realized that I need to head on over to the other two candidates' sites and go over them with my fine-tooth hairbrush of harmless derision.

You're up,
Rod Smith.

He's the only candidate that might be a sentence, as well as a craftsman of fishing equipment and not-spoiling-the-childware (you can decide for yourself whether it's kids or grouper that should most fear the RodSquad).

How much of a longshot is he? The feature story on the site right now is a
Sun-Sentinel op-ed entitled Rod Smith may be perfect fit for Florida. He could also be the mythical Minotaur, finally escaped from the Labyrinth to wreak havoc and horror on the unsuspecting Florida electorate. We're still working on it.

Endorsements? He bagged the rhinoceros, folks: Gilchrist County (population 16,024, 90.5% of which are white - US Census Bureau) Sheriff David Turner says Rod's our man.

He also apparently has the blonde women who blog in the wetlands vote.






But my favorite part of the site by far has to be the picture I included at the top of this post. I challenge you to know for a fact which one is Rod and which one is Bob.

You think I might get on his list of blogs now?


Posted by Joel at 11/28/2005 11:10:00 PM